FREE, yes that’s correct, FREE of charge should we fail to find a leak on your residential property. You only pay for the leak detection service once we have located and shown out the approximate position of a leak.
Our water leak detection methods accurately detect a concealed leak and prevent the costly exercise of digging and breaking up the entire property caused by a burst pipe. Whether you have a water meter running continuously, a high water bill or hear a hissing sound on a water pipe or tap, call FD Plumbers, the leak detection specialists with a success rate of 98% to accurately detect and show the approximate position of the leak.
As a result of leak detection being a specialised field in the plumbing industry, we have a dedicated leak detection team with our qualified leak detection plumber having 22 years of experience to his credit. Our goal is to pinpoint the position of the water leak as close as possible to cause the least amount of damage and inconvenience when repairing afterwards.
Our leak detection emergency services are available in Pretoria, Centurion, Midrand and Johannesburg North. Call FD Plumbers for a free quote or take advantage of our special offer on residential houses located in urban areas.
How do I know I have a water leak?
- The water meter keeps on running without anyone using water – even after you’ve closed all taps.
- Your Municipal bill has increased without cause.
- A hissing sound is coming from the pipes or taps.
- Moisture is surfacing through floors, driveways, or walls.
- There are Hotspots on floor/wall tiles.
Should one or more of these mentioned Indicators be prevalent on your property, contact us to locate and repair the leak.
What do I get for my money?
- We come out to your home.
- We listen to what you have noticed and experienced.
- Taking your observations into account, we access the property.
- After determining whether the leak is inside or outside the house, we then determine which method of detection would suit best.
- We discuss and explain the process to be followed making sure the client understands what we intend doing.
- The leak detection process is undertaken, and the position of the leak is determined.
- The position of the leak is marked, and photos are taken.
- Various options for the repair of the leak are discussed with the client.
- A quote is given for the preferred option of repair.
Instruments used in leak detection
Depending on the situation, we use three possible options to detect a leak:
- We use tracer gas for 75 % of our leak detections as it is a highly effective method of finding a concealed leak. Tracer gas is perfectly safe to use as it’s a mixture of hydrogen (5%) and nitrogen (95%) that is non-toxic and non-corrosive.
- A thermal imaging camera is often used in combination with tracer gas and acoustic sound detection to detect leaking hot water pipes, and can also be used to indicate the route of the hot water pipes.
- Acoustic sound detection is used to detect the hissing sound caused by an underground burst pipe.
Fixing the leak
After we’ve determined the location of the leak, the location of the leak will be marked after which a quote will be given for the necessary repair thereof.
If the leak was undetectable – the service is FREE of charge.
Special price for residential houses in Pretoria, Centurion, Midrand, and Johannesburg North.
Special offer R 1 190.00 VAT Included*.
*Special offer is applicable for one residential dwelling with outside building per stand not larger than 2500 m2 in urban built areas in Pretoria, Centurion, Midrand, and Johannesburg North.
*Only applicable on weekdays between 08:00 – 16:00.
*Prices are subject to change without prior notification.
*Please mention the special when contacting us.
*Free quotes will be given for plots and stands larger than 2500 m2
Mastercard®, Visa®, and cash accepted onsite.